Mysocial helps content creators, influencers and artists to build their professional career on social media. All in one app
Mysocal is currently the largest network for creators in Sweden and are prepared for a European expansion over 2020. A new Backend Engineer is going to be essential to our expansion.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Required Engineering Skills:
- You appreciate the difference between a database and a datastore system
- You master ES6 and the latest great features of NodeJS
- You understand asynchronicity in a single-threaded process
- You know how to handle errors for audit and incident drilling
- You have a clear understanding of vertical and horizontal scalability and you can participate in a fact-driven discussion which to choose and how to change and when
- You know your ways around Git / GitFlow
- You have experience working in a Kanban/SCRUM team
Desired Engineering Skills:
- You may want to dig more into PSQL and Postgres’ functions
- You may want to play around with event-driven vs queue-based architecture
- You may want to explore some frontend stuff with React and Redux, mostly to handle the “frontend’s backend” with client-side data structures, in-memory and long term caching systems
Required Soft Skills:
- You can work in a multicultural team
- You can talk with your colleagues in a simple, humble and listening-oriented way
- You accept feedback and take fast action on it
Desired Soft Skills:
- You are good at laying down your ideas with business-oriented goals
- You give honest and straightforward feedback without harming people
- You help your colleagues by holding them accountable on the feedback you give out
How we work
Challenging the status quo is at the core of the work we do. We innovate, experiment and move at a fast pace. All just to provide our users with the best products on the market.
How we think
If you get asked a question and you don't know the answer, it's ok to say that you don't know. But you should know how to find the answer, and you will find the answer.
How we collaborate together
We don't believe in hierarchy. For us it's important that everyone feels that they can express themselves. We want you to be comfortable being yourself everyday you're here.