How to Get Sponsored on Social Media
Many brands hesitate to invest their hard-earned money into social media because they might be unsure about the return on investment (ROI). After all, the real-world impact of social media can sometimes be difficult to quantify, especially for big brands.
And as this factor might make it a little challenging for influencers to close promotion and collaboration deals, this article sheds light on the nitty-gritty of getting sponsored on social media easily.
Here are the best ways to get sponsored on social media
1. Do your research
Before you can properly engage new or existing sponsors, you want to know what your social media presence can offer them.
Start by answering the following questions:
- How many social media followers do you have?
- What’s your social media reach?
Using Facebook Insights, you can easily see how far your posts reach every month.
Though you may only have 500 Facebook followers, for example, some top posts might reach tens or hundreds of people because your followers share your content.
- What are your audience’s demographics? Pay special attention to what type of audience you’re attracting, and try to tailor your content to get la creme de la creme.
Platforms like Facebook, and YouTube offer this data via their analytics tools.
All you have to do is download the Mysocial app and you will be able to build your very own virtual CV (mediakit) that will allow your potential partners to view all your stats and analytics to see if you are a fitting brand partner for them.
How can you make a mediakit with Mysocial App?
- Download Mysocial App on your phone
- Connect your social media channels
- Complete your information
- Start sharing your mediakit with brands and sponsors
2. Make a plan
Create a social media plan that will maximize the involvement of your potential brand partners. By finding out exactly what your sponsors hope to accomplish through the sponsorship, you can come up with creative and unique ways to meet their needs.
3. Make mutually beneficial content
Create content that benefits both your audience and your sponsors.
Here are some content creation tips for you:
- Post frequently enough to keep people engaged & stay up to date with your industry or niche's newest trends.
- Tweet at and tag your sponsor in content that features them. If your sponsor has a particular hashtag, use it!
- Offer your sponsors exclusivity in their sponsored posts… For instance, include their logo in sponsored posts and/or their motto in captions.
- Allow your sponsors to engage with your audience on your page.
- Most importantly, don’t become sponsorships-oriented and forget about delighting your followers and audience! Remember, it’s your audience who put you where you are now…
We recommend you follow the 80/20 rule… 80 percent (or even more) of your content should aim at satisfying your audience and growing your fanbase, while no more than 20% should be promotional.
4. Be honest
You won’t offer any value to your sponsors if you alienate your fanbase. So, make clarity a pillar in your communication approach.
For example, if a sports equipment sponsor writes a blog post about the benefits of their latest model and asks you to promote it, make sure that you state that ‘the content is sponsored’ so that your fans can see that the blog is biased rather than neutral.
How to attract sponsors on the currently trendiest platforms: Instagram & Tiktok?
- How to attract more Instagram sponsors
- Build a unique page
To get brand deals on Instagram, you must create content that is distinct, interesting, and consistent.
Influencers gain popularity and get more followers on their Instagram accounts when they stick to something specific.
Why? It makes their content easier to relate to for followers interested in that particular niche or lifestyle!
If you’re an artist, share your creative journey. Post about what inspires you to make art, where and how you make your art, and the artwork itself!
If you’re a fashion blogger, document your shopping trips, talk about how you coordinate colors, and take photos of your final look!
Whatever your niche is, focus on it and run with it! This will help you narrate your story and captivate your audience.
- Build a loyal audience
Having a well-built audience is essential!
Loyal followers in a niche market are more willing to put trust in you, which leads to more sales for sponsors & growth of your page.
You also need to engage with your Instagram audience. Reply to comments on your feed, even if it is just a simple ‘thank you’ or an emoji!
If people send you a DM, do your best to reply to as many as possible! When you can’t, simply make a story thanking people for their interactions!
In fact, you can use Instagram Stories to increase engagement! Create story polls and ask for opinions, or let people ask you questions & give you recommendations for something you’re about to do...
Having a dedicated audience is necessary to gain Instagram sponsorship for small accounts and larger-scale social media influencers, too.
- Post consistently
Instagram needs consistency.
Posting once a day will increase your chances of both: brand deals & more followers!
If you plan to post multiple times per day, try to keep them spaced throughout the day so your posts don’t have to compete with each other for engagement.
Plus, the Instagram algorithm likes brand new, fresh, high-quality content. Your posts are more likely to be featured if you keep them frequent and consistent.
Depending on your niche or industry, mornings may be better than evenings, and certain days of the week might be better than others!
- How to attract long term TikTok sponsors
1. Build a good following
If you want to get sponsored on Tiktok you’ll need real, engaged followers who love, comment, and appreciate your content.
Here are a few tips to help you grow your audience:
- Be active in a niche you’re interested in
- Interact and engage with your subscribers and other creators in your niche
- Understand your audience, including their likes and dislikes
- Post creative and entertaining content regularly for greater visibility
- Use trending hashtags and sounds or songs
- Upload tried-and-tested video formats: before and after, how-to’s, hacks, product demos, and reviews… etc.
2. Create organic content about your favorite brands
Post like you are already sponsored to show brands that you care about their culture.
Create organic, honest, non-sponsored TikToks about your experience trying the newest Vans sneakers and what did you like about them, for instance!
You can even talk about the price and where you got the pairs from...
Start connecting with brands to sponsor you
After reading all the above, you might be left wondering, how do I find a way to easily connect with sponsors without much work?
Well, we have just the thing for you.
All you have to do is download the Mysocial app and use our BrandOutreach feature!
Using this feature will allow you to connect with over 3000 brands with the touch of a button, and all you have to do is:
- Login to Mysocial
- Click on the BrandOutreach extension
- Find your desired sponsor
- Email the available contacts of your brand
To put yourself on the fast track to success, focus on building a solid page and personal brand and then reach out to brands to get sponsored. We hope that this post helped you understand everything you need to know about getting sponsored.
And stay awesome!