How to deep link to the YouTube app
It's very common to send external traffic to a YouTube channel or video. But there is a big issue with the way things are done today. To maximize views and engagement, however, marketers need to deep link to the YouTube mobile app for iOS and Android to avoid the YouTube mobile website login.
Linking to a YouTube video from Instagram today
Today when your audience click on a YouTube link directly from Instagram they face a couple of issues that can lead to lower engagement and revenue for you.
- The viewers are welcomed by a disturbing "Accept Cookies" popup
- The viewers are not able to like the video because they are not logged in
- The viewers are not able to subscribe to your channel because they are not logged in
- The viewers don't see any ads, meaning you receive less revenue from all external traffic that you send
Using SmartLink to link to a YouTube video from Instagram
SmartLink allows marketers and influencers to create YouTube profile and video links that can open the YouTube app. Deep linking to the YouTube mobile app vs. website will help you increase followers, views and engagement.
Swipe-up links from Instagram to my latest YouTube video now opens the video directly in the YouTube app. This allows my audience to comment and like the video seamlessly - Sherin Amara
Step-by-step guide to creating YouTube deep links
A large percentage of Youtube users have installed the YouTube app for iOS or Android. SmartLink enables you to create deeps link to the Youtube mobile app vs. website providing your visitors with a more seamless content experience. Just follow these steps:
- Download the Mysocial app and create an account.
- Go to Profile and open the extension SmartLink
- Copy your YouTube channel or video link that you want to create a deep link to.
- In SmartLink paste the link in the input field. (See below image)
- Copy your SmartLink YouTube deep link and use it in your other marketing channels.
Where to promote your SmartLink deep links for YouTube:
- Swipe up link in Instagram Stories and Snapchat
- In your Instagram Bio and TikTok Bio
- Publish a tweet on Twitter that includes the link or upload a facebook post.
- Use it behind the YouTube icon on your website.
- Place it behind the YouTube icon in your email templates.
- Place behind banners in display advertising and paid search campaigns that promote your YouTube content and presence.
Track every deep link click
Directly from SmartLink you're able to measure every click that your deep-link have generated. This will give you a better understanding of which links are performing best and can help you optimize your YouTube cross-promotion strategy for the future