Snapchat launches Insights, analytics for influencers
February 14, 2018
For the first time, Snapchat users can now see their data on the platform thanks to an app update released today. Users now have a new feature called Insights which shows breakdowns for reach, audience demographics and target group insights.
Here's what Snap Inc revealed about the new release:
To view your Insights…
- Tap the Profile icon in the top-left to go to your Profile screen
- Tap ‘Insights’
Pro Tip: If you’re having trouble viewing Insights, check to make sure you’re on the latest version of the app.
Here’s a quick guide to the different kinds of stats you’ll find in Insights!
- Story Views: Total number of Story views* by all Snapchatters since January 1, 2018. ‘Week’ tracks Story views over the last 7 days, while ‘Month’ tracks views over the last 28 days.
- Time Spent Viewing: Total time Snapchatters have spent viewing your Story since January 1, 2018. ‘Week’ tracks Story view time over the last 7 days, while ‘Month’ tracks view time over the last 28 days.
*A ‘Story view’ is counted as any time your Story was opened and viewed. So, if someone tapped on your Story to view it twice in Discover and once in Search, then you’d have three Story views.
- Reach: How many unique Snapchatters have viewed your Story each day.
- Average View Time: How long each unique Snapchatter viewed your Story each day, on average.
- Story View Percentage: How many of the available Snaps in your Story were viewed in a single session, on average, each day.
Note: These timeframes are based off calendar days in Pacific Time (PT).
- Lifestyle: Snapchatters are sorted into 100+ different categories based on their interest in politics, music, and more! This list includes the top four Lifestyle Categories of your viewers, based on how they compare to the average on Snapchat.
- Popular Regions: The top three regions where your viewers are located, and the percentage of your audience in each region.