How to determine the price for TikTok influencers?
There isn’t a generic answer to this question! There are many different aspects and variables that need to be taken into consideration when you are paying a TikToker to promote your brand. In this article, we will be showing you how to determine the price of a TikTok sponsorship, and what you need to be wary of when paying a TikTok influencer.
Here are the things you need to look for when paying a TikToker
- Check out how many followers they got:
The number of followers a TikToker has is a very important aspect when it comes to determining how much they should be paid for brand deals.
Mega influencers charge the most for sponsorships, while micro-influencers and nano influencers charge the least (obviously).
But, you may be wondering how much exactly will a TikTok influencer charge you per post?
According to Influencer Marketing Hub, this is how much different tier influencers charge per post on TikTok:
- Nano creators usually charge between $5 to $25 per sponsored post
- Micro creators usually charge between $25 to $125 per sponsored post
- Mid-tier creators usually charge between $125 to $1K per sponsored post
- Macro creators usually charge between $1K – $2K per sponsored post
- Mega creators usually charge $2k and above per sponsored post
Just to clarify:
- A nano influencer has less than 10k followers
- A micro-influencer typically has between 10 to 50k followers
- A mid-tier influencer has around 50 to 500k followers
- A macro-influencer have between 500k to 1M followers
- The more illustrious mega influencers should have more than an astonishing 1M followers
As a brand owner, you can calculate a TikTok influencer’s price tag all you want, however, based on these factors, when coming up with a price tag for your influencer campaign. Make sure you leave some wiggle room because negotiation is common.
- Make sure your brand partner has an engaged audience
Follower count isn’t the only important metric to look at! TikTokers with an extremely large follower base usually have a fairly lower engagement rate. You want to make sure that you’re investing in influencers who are engaging a large portion of their audience to get the most from your campaigns.
You also need to look at engagement rates and the number of views. You should aim to strike a balance with a TikToker that has a wide audience and a strong engagement rate. Influencers that deliver both these things offer the most value to your brand and are likely to charge more.
Based on all the factors above, the price of TikTok brand deals will depend on the following:
- Cost per engagement (CPE) – the number of likes, shares, or comments
- Cost per acquisition (CPAc) – the number of sales or leads generated
- Cost per click (CPC) – the number of actions taken when consumers interact with your influencer’s post
You should also keep in mind that the average cost of TiktTok ads for 1k views is $10. Tiktok also has a policy that requires you to spend a minimum of $500 on a campaign. So you aren’t going to use formal TikTok ads for a cheap and cheerful viral marketing campaign.
However, if you want to determine a set price tag for your TikTok marketing campaign, then you can always use the TikTok money calculator as it is the best resource when it comes to calculating how much to pay TikTok influencers for your brand deal.
To wrap up:
Whilst there is no one-size-fits-all way of determining how much you’ll pay to sponsor a TikTok influencer, you should use these factors to create an appealing offer for your creator partners. For more guidance on knowing the costs of influencer marketing on all platforms, just check out the Mysocial blog and you will be getting all the help you need to drive your brand forward.